– Your external drive files are subjected to deletion if you forget to reconnect your external drive to your computer.
– Your data is not encrypted before leaving your machine. Who knows what can happen with data privacy laws in the future?
– Your current cloud solution can limit the number of external hard drives that can be backed up. Over time you can accumulate more and may need to abandon older ones to protect newer.
– If you want to retire your computer, older files must be recovered to newer or they will be deleted.
– If you delete a file, it will also be removed from your online storage after a certain period of time.
– No network drive support for home users.